Kids! Join me for five fun-filled days of singing and strumming!
Class size: 4-8 kiddos
Tuition: $150 for camp (5 sessions) + Audio files, due the Wednesday before camp. Scroll down for registration button!
- A = Let’s Say Aloha Book 1
- B = Let’s Say Aloha Book 2
Session 1A (Book 1): Offered Summer 2022
Session 1B: (Book 2) Offered Summer 2022
Session 2A (Book 1): Offered Summer 2022
Session 2B (Book2): Offered Summer 2022
What to purchase before class:
- MP3s of the music available on Apple & Amazon (click on the buttons below), approximately $10
- gig bag to protect your instrument (strongly recommended, but optional)
- clip-on tuner or download GuitarTuna app (Free).
What do you get?
- Let’s Say Aloha! student songbook
- Five days of group fun while singing and strumming!
- Introduction to ukulele, singing, strum patterns, pick patterns, and more!
Click the button below to register the week before class.
*Ukuleles can be purchased locally at Bountiful Music, Acoustic Music, Day Murray Music, Summerhays Music and more! Prices start at $39.99.
Please purchase a ukulele locally. You never know the quality of the instrument or if your ukulele will stay in tune if you purchase one on Amazon for a lower price.
- Drop your ukulele off on Sunday so I can prep it for Monday’s camp.
- Come 5 minutes early to each class to make sure your ukulele is in tune.
- Remove your shoes and place on the shoe tray when entering the studio.
- Bare feet stink and socks rock! If you do not have socks, please use clean ones from the “clean bowl” and put them in the “dirty bowl” when you are finished with class.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before playing your ukulele.
- Wear comfortable clothes, but not short skirts. We will be sitting “criss cross applesauce.”
- Be patient with yourself as you are learning a new motor skill. Repetition makes permanent so practice the skill you want to grow stronger in the correct way.
- Homework is optional, but if you do it, you’ll remember the concepts taught in class.
- Day 5 is double the time so plan on 1.5 hours instead of 45 minutes.
- Find songs you want to learn and come to the ukulele jam sessions after the camp. $15 session fee.
Happy Campers! Happy Parents!
Thanks so much for the great week! The girls loved the camp!!! This has opened the door to a new love for my daughter! It was perfect!Angie G. (Mother of Happy Campers, Summer 2021)
My two sons absolutely loved Ukulele camp! They had so much fun and were so motivated that I never even had to ask them to do their homework. They did it all on their own! We were amazed at all the foundational skills they learned. Barbara is such a great teacher, always so fun and educational!Dani H. (Mother of Happy Campers, Summer 2021)
My girls loved it! My girls want to keep coming! Do you teach ukulele throughout the year?Melissa J. (Mother of Happy Campers, Summer 2021)
My daughter loved learning to play the ukulele. Barbara is the best teacher ever. She is patient, creative, and makes everything fun. Her passion for music is contagious.Heather W. (Mother of Happy Camper, Summer 2021)
Ukulele camp was a highlight of the summer for my daugher. She had so much fun! Barbara makes learning music so exciting for kids and I’m so grateful she shares her talents with our community.Courtney D. (Mother of Happy Camper, Summer 2021)