The Let’s Play Music Bridge program continues the group experience for LPM graduates for an additional year. Students will learn about the new yellow chord (the V7 chord) along with many other important concepts, skills, symbols, and labels that will help ensure that their abilities don’t get “lost in translation” as they progress.
- fun and familiar songs
- rhythm & counting up to sixteenth notes
- scales, chords, and arpeggios in major and minor keys
- composers and classical music
- composition & improvisation
- note names and staff placement
- ear-training & sight-reading
- 3-6 students in a class
- Parents do not attend, but need to support their child with consistent time at the piano to be prepared. Parent may visit class and observe at any time.
- The curriculum includes
- 7 individual 20-minute summer lessons (June – August)
- 30 weekly 60-minute group classes during the school year (September – April)
- 3 Piano Parties/Recitals will be held during the year: end of summer, Christmas, and end of the school year.
- Students must have an acoustic piano or a full-size digital piano with 88-weighted and touch sensitive keys at home for daily practice.
- This fast-paced class requires student to be prepared with 5 days of practice each week outside of class (20-30 minutes each day).
Offered Fridays 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
The registration fee ($30) saves your spot in this group class.
7 Private 20-minute sessions June – August = $70 each month. Flexible scheduling through a Google Doc (available after May 15). Students need the following books for summer private sessions: LPM Connections book (given to LPM graduates); Step, Skip, Repeat; Accelerando Bk.1; Faber Disney Primer or Simply Silly (see booklist button). While I have the booklist available to purchase online, please purchase from a local music store such as Bountiful Music.
30 Classes September*- April = $90 each month. *The class may start the last week of August.
You will purchase your own Bridge materials and bring them to me for preparation the week before class starts. The materials fee is approx. $88 ($69 + shipping) and includes flashcards, the audio album, songbooks, technique books, and workbooks. Click the button for a link to the materials.
Register for Bridge